Year 10 Drama
Teacher in Charge: Miss S. Harris
Year 10 Drama is a half year course that combines theory and practical work and is especially aimed at increasing the knowledge in this discipline to ensure those students intending to take senior Drama at levels 1, 2 and 3 will have an excellent grounding in Drama as an academic subject.
Units of work will include, but are not limited to:
- Personal and social skills required to work as an ensemble in Drama
- Drama elements of Role, Action, Time, Tension, Space, and Symbol
- Drama techniques of Voice, Body, Movement, and Use of Space
- Devised Drama
- Script work
- Be taken out of their comfort zone
- Try new things with new people
- Learn lines out of class time
- Perform for their peers
- Devise drama for a performance
- Perform an Acting Role in a solo, paired or group performance
Students are expected to:
In Term 4: Students will produce a Drama power point presentation using animation, transitions, design, sound and text.
To succeed in Year 10 Drama students must have an interest in Drama, be motivated to achieve, have a good understanding of English, and be enthusiastic and creative.