Year 10 Materials Technology Hard
Teacher in Charge: Mrs M. Webster
Hard Materials Technology encourages students to participate in a creative process of planning, design and evaluation to produce a unique multi-material project.
Students are also encouraged to develop a set of skills which allow them to successfully use technology equipment.
This is a hands-on workshop-based course where students will develop their skills with tools by making things. Each student will make products that they will be able to take home at the end of the course.
Students will learn to:
- Build on basic knowledge, practical and organisational skills gained in Year 9
- Use tools and equipment safely and accurately to produce a high quality outcome
- Carry out a “design and make” task
- Explore their own design ideas to develop a successful product
- Communicate their design ideas with clear annotated drawings
- Measure, mark and cut accurately
- Peer assess
- Set realistic targets for themselves
- Develop products by applying the technological process and practical skills