Year 10 Design and Visual Communication
Teacher in Charge: Mrs M. Webster
Design and Visual Communication is the communication of ideas and information through the medium of drawing. Learning to draw and understand simple drawings is fundamental to human development and communication. In Design & Visual Communication, interest is developed by using specialised equipment, learning set standards of presentation and the completion of individual work. The design brief approach has been used in Design & Visual Communication and students can develop broad graphic communication skills, fully explore the design process and gain an appreciation of good design.
Students will learn to:
- Focus on where visual literacy and creative thinking is developed, using visual communication techniques.
- Build on basic knowledge, practical and organisational skills gained in Year 9
- Produce freehand sketches that communicate design ideas
- Use rendering techniques to communicate the form of design ideas
- Produce instrumental drawings that communicate technical features of design ideas
- Develop design ideas through Design & Visual Communication Practice.
There may also be an opportunity to learn CAD – Computer Aided Design.