Year 10 Food Technology
Teacher in Charge: Mrs M. Webster
The Year 10 Food Technology course builds on the basic skills and knowledge gained in Year 9. The course considers what "good" nutrition is, and investigates National Nutritional Guidelines, food groups and the importance of nutrients in our diet. This forms the foundation for Year 11.
Students will further explore the technology process by interpeting a brief, then planning and designing a product. Students will build on practical and organisational skills they gained in Year 9.
Students will learn to:
- Investigate food groups and the nutrients that are available in each group
- Broaden knowledge of nutrients that need to be supplied by the diet and their importance
- Demonstrate safe working practices when using equipment and food.
- Personal and preparation hygiene practices
- Design and develop a food product
- Sensory evaluation