NCEA Level 2 Digital Technology
Teacher in Charge: Mrs M. Webster
Computational Thinking for Digital Technologies enables students to express problems and formulate solutions in ways that mean a computer (an information processing agent) can be used to solve them. In this area, students develop:
- Algorithmic thinking skills and understanding of the computer science principles that underpin all digital technologies.
- Students learn core programming concepts and learn to take advantage of the capabilities of computers, so that they can become creators of digital technologies, not just users.
- Understanding of how computer data is stored.
Designing and developing digital outcomes: In this area, students understand that digital applications and systems are created for humans by humans. Students develop the following:
- An increasingly sophisticated understanding and skills for designing and producing quality, fit-for-purpose, digital outcomes.
- Understanding of the technologies people need in order to locate, analyse, evaluate and present digital information efficiently, effectively and ethically.
- Awareness of intellectual property issues that arise within digital systems. Develop knowledge and skills in using different digital technologies to create digital content for the web, and prints.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Code Avengers Online Learning Programming Tool
Recommended Prior Learning
Students KAMAR record must demonstrate consistent safe working practices and an adherence to expected classroom routines.
- Recommended that they have Level 1, however not compulsory.
This course is approved for University Entrance.
Total Credits Available: 19 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 19 credits.
Accountant, Accounts Officer, Advertising, Auditor, Biomedical Engineer, Business Analyst, Computer Support Technician, Contact Centre Worker, Data Entry Operator/Transcriptionist, Database/Systems Administrator, Electronics Engineer, Energy Auditor, Financial Adviser, Financial Dealer, Game Developer, Helpdesk/Support Technician, Information Technology Architect, Information and Communication Technology Manager, Loss Adjuster, Management Consultant, Manager Marketing, Mortgage Broker, Network Administrator, Network Engineer, Procurement Manager, Production Manager, Programmer, Real Estate Agent, Sales and Marketing, Software Architect, Systems Administrator, Telecommunications Engineer, Tertiary Lecturer, Test Analyst, Web Designer, Web Developer, Website Administrator, Energy,