NCEA Level 3 IT Academy
Teacher in Charge: Mrs M. Webster
Microsoft IT Academy prepares students for industry-recognized certifications.
By earning a Microsoft Certification students will:
- Demonstrate their skills in the latest technologies
- Have increased confidence in their skills
- Achieve a greater degree of success in their pursuit of higher education or a career
- Gain recognition among peers and employers, and a distinct edge in the competitive job market
- Chart a career development path for ongoing Microsoft skills Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification validates mastery of Microsoft Office skills that are valuable demonstrating productivity in a wide range of jobs and other life pursuits. Earning MOS certification proves the ability to use Office applications for on the job needs and provides valuable distinction to help students enter higher education or the workforce. MOS certification is an industry, worldwide recognized qualification. It is an accepted worldwide standard.
All Microsoft Specialists Examination (MOS-Word, MOS-Excel, MOS-PowerPoint) are equivalent to four credits each at NCEA Level 2, that is 11 credits possible overall. Students could gain these 12 credits from gaining the MOS Certificates, plus the ten credits Unit Standards available through NCEA.
Upon gaining the MOS Specialists Certification students will move to MOS-Expert-Master Level which will provide the opportunity to gain an additional 15 credits. Students could gain a Certification as a MOS Expert in Word ,nd MOS-Expert in Excel, MOS Specialists in Access. In gaining all of these they are recognized as a Microsoft Master.
Total Credits Available: 14 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 14 credits.
Accountant, Accounts Officer, Advertising, Auditor, Business Analyst, Computer Support Technician, Contact Centre Worker, Data Entry Operator/Transcriptionist, Database/Systems Administrator, Energy Auditor, Financial Adviser, Financial Dealer, Game Developer, Helpdesk/Support Technician, Information Technology Architect, Information and Communication Technology Manager, Management Consultant, Manager Marketing, Network Administrator, Network Engineer, Procurement Manager, Production Manager, Programmer, Sales and Marketing, Software Architect, Systems Administrator, Telecommunications Engineer, Test Analyst, Web Designer, Web Developer, Website Administrator,