NCEA Level 1 Digital Technology
Teacher in Charge: Mrs M. Webster
Computational Thinking for Digital Technologies enables students to express problems and formulate solutions in ways that mean a computer (an information processing agent) can be used to solve them. In this area, students develop:
- To decompose a problem to create a simple algorithm using the three building blocks of programming.
- To debug simple algorithms and programmes and identifying if things have gone wrong.
- Implement the algorithm by creating a programme that uses inputs, outputs, sequences, basic selection using comparative operators, and iteration.
Designing and developing digital outcomes: In this area, students understand that digital applications and systems are created for humans by humans. Students develop the following:
- Investigate and consider possible solutions to a given context or issue.
- Identify and evaluate social, ethical and end-user considerations that are relevant to the outcome.
- Use information gained from testing and apply appropriate tools, techniques, procedures and/or protocols to improve the quality of the outcome and to ensure it meets the purpose and end-user requirements.
Developing a proposal for an outcome
(HTML) HyperText Markup Language (Website Structure)
(CSS) Cascading Style Sheets (Website style, layout)
Programming using Python Language and/or Scratch.
Human Computer Interaction
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Code Avengers Online Programming Learning Tool $10
Recommended Prior Learning
Majority of topics at Year 10 Digital Technologies to an ACHIEVED level.
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
This course is approved for University Entrance.
Total Credits Available: 20 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 3 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 17 credits.
Website Developer, Business Analyst, Computer Support Technician, Data Entry Operator, Software Engineers, Software Architect, Software Developer, Data Analyst, Test Analyst., Database/System Administrator, Game Developer, System Administrator, Web Designer, Website Administrator, Computer Graphic Design, Data Entry Operator, Animator,