Year 10 Textiles, Fashion and Design
Teacher in Charge: Mrs M. Webster
Year 10 Textile, Fashion & Design Technology focuses on creating with fibre, yarn and fabric, and at the same time learning skills that will enable students to manipulate various soft materials.
This course is based on the technology process which encourages the students to apply skills to interpret and develop a brief, plan and design, creating a unique product.
Students will learn to:
- Build on basic knowledge, practical and organisational skills gained in Year 9
- Work creatively and purposefully to carry out a design task
- Communicate design ideas with clear annotated drawings
- Explore design ideas to develop a successful product
- Measure, mark and cut accurately
- Use equipment safely, accurately and efficiently to produce a high quality outcome
- Develop products by applying the technological process and practical techniues and skills
NCEA Level 1 Textiles, Fashion and Design